Anchor Hanover’s ambition is to transform housing so people can have a home where they love living in later life. To do this, we work in a collaborative way with residents, both nationally and at a local level. We are committed to delivering a culture of resident engagement and a way of working that puts residents at the heart of our decision making.
Key to this is the Anchor Hanover Residents’ Council, which is made up of up to 8 current residents who work with us to improve or develop services and hold Anchor Hanover to account.
The key responsibilities of the Residents’ Council are:
- Consulting with Anchor Hanover on major initiatives to make sure they meet the needs of our residents
- Working with Anchor Hanover to co-create our resident engagement strategy
- Giving input to internal audit work relating to services to residents
- The Council hold Anchor Hanover to account by:
- Making sure we engage with and listen to the views of residents when making decisions that relate to our housing and support
- Having oversight of Anchor Hanover business performance, identifying reviews and making sure all regulatory standards are met or exceeded
Lead roles in other groups
A member of the Residents’ Council is elected to take the lead role in each of the following:
- Communications group
- Property group
- Value for Money Oversight Committee
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Health and Wellbeing
- Technology & Innovation
- Estate Management Rental
- Estate Management Leasehold
Full face-to-face Residents’ Council meetings are held at least two times per year. They are normally attended by either Anchor Hanover’s Chief Executive or Managing Director of Housing Operations. Further meetings are held as required using video conferencing technology.
The Residents’ Council will produce an annual report to the Board of Anchor Hanover and they have the power to request the attendance of other senior colleagues at their meetings.
Where Anchor Hanover housing locations have local Residents’ Associations, the members of the Residents' Council will coordinate with these groups and individual residents, to make sure as many people’s voices and views are heard.
Residents' Council meeting minutes
You can find summary minutes from the most recent Residents' Council meetings below:
Find out more about the Residents' Council
For more information about the Residents' Council and to let us know you are interested in getting involved please email [email protected]
Find out about the different ways you can get involved in shaping policies and improving the performance of services provided to residents across Anchor Hanover.
Independent Customer Complaints Panel
The Independent Customer Complaints Panel is made up of residents from rented and leasehold locations and can provide an impartial view on how a complaint has been handled by Anchor Hanover.
Anchor Hanover’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans Group
Our Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Trans (LGBT) Group aims to tackle concerns that moving into sheltered housing or a care home as an older LGBT+ person may be a lonely or isolating experience.
The Scrutiny Panel is made up of engaged residents whose role is to ask the questions, review the services and make recommendations to improve the services provided by Anchor Hanover.