Deciding on your new home
Once you have done your research and found the right type of accommodation for your needs, asking yourself the following questions can help when choosing your new home.
Common considerations include:
- Is there accommodation available within your budget?
- What are the local facilities like?
- Will you be able to keep up your hobbies and interests?
- What is the public transport like?
- Will your friends or family be able to visit easily?
- Do you like the area? Do you feel safe?
- Will your new home be suitable or easy to adapt if your needs change in the future?
- What type of heating system does it have?
When looking for a new home the internet can be a brilliant search tool, our features many of the details listed above on our individual property pages. You can find these by using our Property Finder tool. Often however visiting your potential new home can be the best way to answer your questions.
When considering your housing options, talking through the possibilities with family and friends can be helpful. Choosing where and how you live is your decision, and should be based on your personal needs, circumstances and the things that matter most to you.
To speak to someone about Anchor Hanover’s services and for help deciding which of our housing or care home options best suit you, please contact us.
Was this information helpful?
Your comments help us understand the things users of our website find easy and useful as well as identify areas we can improve.