Join the Residents Council
Anchor Hanover’s ambition is to transform housing so people can have a home where they love living in later life. To do this, we work in a collaborative way with residents, both nationally and at a local level. We are committed to delivering a culture of resident engagement and a way of working that puts residents at the heart of our decision making.
Key to this is the Anchor Hanover Residents’ Council, which is made up of up to 12 current residents who work with us to improve or develop services and hold us to account.
The key responsibilities of the Residents’ Council are:
- Consulting with us on major initiatives to make sure they meet the needs of our residents
- Working with us to co-create our resident engagement strategy
- Giving input to internal audit work relating to services to customers
The Resident’s Council hold us to account by:
- Making sure we engage with and listen to the views of residents when making decisions that relate to our housing and support
- Having oversight of our business performance, organising reviews and making sure all regulatory standards are met or exceeded
Other advisory and consultation groups
A number of customer and colleague groups feed in to the work of the Residents’ Council:
- Communications group
- Property group
- Complaints panel
- LGBT group
- Community grants panel
Full face-to-face Residents’ Council meetings are held at least two times per year and are normally attended by either Anchor Hanover’s Chief Executive or Managing Director of Housing Operations. Further meetings are held using video conferencing technology.
The Residents’ Council will produce an annual report to the Board of Anchor Hanover and they have the power to request the attendance of other senior colleagues at their meetings.
Working with residents’ associations and individual residents
Many Anchor Hanover retirement housing locations have local Residents’ Associations. The members of the Resident’s Council coordinate with these groups and individual residents to make sure as many people’s voices and views are heard.
Join the Residents' Council
Becoming a Residents Council member is easy, just contact us using the form below and let us know you are interested.