There are a number of ways you can add your voice to the campaign.
Encourage more passengers to consider the needs of others
Members of the public
- “Stand Up 4 Sitting Down” – look up and consider the needs of other passengers, and if anyone might need your seat
- Write to your local transport provider and ask them to join the Standing Up 4 Sitting Down campaign. Download our template letter here or request a hard copy by calling 0800 731 2020
- Show your support on social media with our campaign hashtag #su4sd and infographic badge. Simply share a status using the wording: “I’m Standing Up 4 Sitting Down! Look up and offer your seat on public transport #su4d. An Anchor Hanover initiative www.su4sd.org.uk”
Transport providers who back #su4sd commit to encouraging passengers to consider the needs of others in their communication. You will know the best way to do this for your passengers but examples could include:
- Posters and signage, both on public transport and at stations
- Verbal messaging on station and train announcements
- Creating more/protecting priority seats, but also highlighting that even if you’re not sat in a priority seat, someone could still need your seat
- Messages on digital advertisements/communications, and across social media
Help increase seating on the high street
Members of the public
- Write to your local retailer – download our template letter here or request a hard copy by calling 0800 731 2020
- Pop into a local store – tell your local shops about the campaign and ask whether they could offer more seating
- Highlight the issue on social media - follow the conversation and post using the hashtag - #su4sd.
- Pledge your support for Standing up 4 Sitting Down today by filling in the form below. Once you’ve pledged, we’ll send you out free window stickers which you can display to show customers you have seating on offer.
We’re also looking for people who feel strongly about these issues and would be willing to tell us more about how a lack of seating affects either their lives or the lives of someone they know.
Pledge your support for Standing up 4 Sitting Down today
Contact Anchor Hanover's Communications team on 07713 085 004
If you are a journalist and would like to speak to someone, please call the duty media officer.