Scar Street, Grassington, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 5AF
Welcome to Gills Top
Anchor's Gills Top care home in Grassington is a trusted provider of care for elderly people, and we offer support for older people who have residential and dementia care needs.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle.
At Gills Top, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet location, Gills Top care home is close to local services and amenities. These include newsagents, a post office, mobile library and a selection of shops, restaurants and hotels. There are excellent bus services to historical Skipton, Ilkley and the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with more than 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Features of Gills Top
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Private dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Gills Top
At Gills Top care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A private telephone line in each room and pay telephone facilities
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Skipton town centre is nine miles away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is Airedale Hospital
- Skipton Railway Station is ten miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under nine miles away
Gills Top is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide residential care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Gills Top has single en-suite rooms some of which have lovely views of the gardens and countryside.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- Some rooms open directly onto gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A guest suite available for family and friends to stay overnight
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Gills Top's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast every day
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chips weekly
- A variety of snacks available all day
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Gills Top our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Gills Top care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and local services available.
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
We endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
Scar Street, Grassington, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 5AF
Want to find out more about Gills Top?
Other Care homes nearby
Church Road, Thornton-in Craven, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3TR
Victoria Road, Crosshills, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 8SZ
Teal Beck House
Teal Beck Approach, Crow Lane, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1RJ
Orchard Way, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 9EP
The Manor House, Harrogate
60 Cornwall Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 2NE
Kelvin Way, Undercliffe, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3EF
The Manor House, Knaresborough
1 Hambleton Grove, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 0DB