3 Ashville Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH41 8AU
Welcome to Heyberry House
Anchor’s Heyberry House care home in Birkenhead is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer support for older people who have residential and dementia care needs.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle.
At Heyberry House, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Heyberry House is set in its own beautiful grounds and overlooks Birkenhead Park. Our home is close to a train station and bus routes, as well as other local services and amenities.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with more than 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Features of Heyberry House
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Dementia care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Heyberry House
At Heyberry House care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A mobile shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A public pay telephone in the foyer and a private telephone line in each room
- Religious services and meetings as requested
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Birkenhead town centre is less than a mile away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is Arrow Park
- Birkenhead Park Railway Station is approx 50 yards away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 4 miles away
Heyberry House is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide residential care. Set in a prime location between two parks, Heyberry House has 41 single en-suite rooms. Many of the rooms have very pleasant views of the parks and our garden.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Telephone points in all rooms
- Television points and connections for digital TV in all rooms
- Lift to all floors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounge with TV and music centre
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- In-house library
- Hairdressing salon
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Heyberry House's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast everyday
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chip Friday
- A variety of snacks available all day
- Fizzy Friday
- Saturday takeaway
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
|Newspaper discussion||No activity||Board games||Movies|
|Board games||No activity||Sing-a-long||Arts & crafts|
|Book club||No activity||Gentlemen's club||Knit & natter|
|Hairdresser||No activity||Bingo||Pamper session (fortnightly)|
|Arts & crafts||No activity||Tea dance||Wine & cheese|
|Coffee morning||No activity||Gardening club||Card games|
|Newspaper discussion||No activity||Dominoes||Quiz|
At Heyberry House our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Heyberry house care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and local services are available
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
We endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
3 Ashville Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, CH41 8AU
Want to find out more about Heyberry House?
Other Care homes nearby
Challis Street, Bidston, Birkenhead, Merseyside, CH41 7DH
Hurst Park Court
Longview Drive, Huyton, Liverpool, Merseyside, L36 6DZ
Thomas Henshaw Court
105 Norwood Road, Southport, Lancashire, PR8 6EL
232 Eccles Old Road, Pendleton, Salford, Greater Manchester, M6 8AG
Israel Sieff Court
7A Bennett Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 5DU
334a Waterloo Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 0AX