Orchard Way, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 9EP
Welcome to Primrose Court
Anchor's Primrose Court in Guiseley is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer support for older people who have residential and dementia care needs.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle.
At Primrose Court, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet cul-de-sac location and in its own beautiful grounds, Primrose Court is close to local services and amenities. These include shops, a library, Guiseley theatre, restaurants, railway station and excellent bus routes to Leeds and Bradford.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with more than 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Features of Primrose Court
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hobby / craft room
- Hairdressing salon
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Private dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Primrose Court
At Primrose Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A hairdressing salon
- An internet cafe
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- Telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Guiseley town centre is a quarter of a mile away and is in walking distance
- The nearest hospital is Wharfedale
- Guiseley Railway Station is a quarter of a mile away, and is within walking distance
- A theatre, swimming pool, library and supermarket are in close proximity
Primrose Court has recently enjoyed a £1 million refurbishment, with stylish décor, tranquil colour schemes and sleek yet comfortable furniture.
New spa bathrooms and state-of-the-art technologies have been fitted for additional comfort and security.
Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Primrose Court has single en-suite rooms, some of which have views of the gardens.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- 32 en-suite bedrooms with motion sensor lighting
- New soothing spa baths
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Freeview boxes in all rooms
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
- Telephone point in all rooms
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounge with TV and a quiet area for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Hairdressing salon
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Primrose Court's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast every day
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chips weekly
- A variety of snacks available all day
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Primrose Court our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Primrose Court care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician visit the home upon request, also local services available
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
We endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- housekeeping services
- television licence, for your use of digital or satellite television in your room for residents age 75 and over (residents under age 75 will need to pay an annual charge set by TV Licencing to join the shared TV licence).
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Primrose Court we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Primrose Court so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
I love meeting people and find helping them through the process of change really rewarding. I look forward to meeting with you and showing you all what our home has to offer.
Orchard Way, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 9EP
Want to find out more about Primrose Court?
Other Care homes nearby
Teal Beck House
Teal Beck Approach, Crow Lane, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1RJ
Kelvin Way, Undercliffe, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3EF
1 Far Fold Lane, Armley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 3UE
Cliff Road, Headingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2EZ
Simon Marks Court
Lynwood Garth, Lynwood View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 4BE
Chatsworth Road, Harehills, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 3QJ
Oak Tree Lodge
Foundry Approach, Gipton, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 6BT
17 Joseph Street, Hunslet, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 2AD