Anchor Hanover website privacy and cookie notice
We are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide, and recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
All personal information provided by you through this website (the Website) will be under the control of Anchor Hanover Group (Anchor Hanover) acting as Data Controller and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). Our registered office is The Heal's Building, Suites A&B, 3rd Floor, 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and our registration number is Z7000835.
This privacy notice explains how we may use any personal information we collect about you when you use the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from November 2018.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that alone or combined with other information may identify you. Under the GDPR personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised so that it does not allow you to be identified.
What personal information we may collect
When you visit the Website and have chosen not to disable cookies – technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform as well as information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website, the pages viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact us.
We may also collect information about your activity whilst you use the Website or if you share any of its content by clicking the social media buttons.
We will not ask you to provide any other personal information with Anchor Hanover when using our website. However, your information may be collected and stored when you correspond with us by telephone, email or otherwise.
What is an Internet Protocol (IP) address?
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a computer or network device on the internet.
How we intend to use your personal information
We process the information held about you for a number of reasons and upon different legal bases depending on the reason for which we have collected or obtained your personal information. The main reasons we process your information are:
- To provide a service: this is necessary for the performance of, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into, a contract with you.
- To send you further information about our services or survey your opinion: we may also retain your details to provide you with information about our own service we think you may find interesting, or send you a survey about your experience with us.
We will do this using the contact details you have provided. This is necessary in order to fulfil our legitimate interest in providing you with this information. Every time we contact you for such marketing purposes we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further marketing materials. The marketing section below will provide you with further information regarding opting out.
If you are enquiring on behalf of someone else, we may need confirmation you are authorised to act on their behalf before we can discuss their personal details.
To ensure that content on the Website is presented effectively, administer our Website and keep it safe and secure: This is done in order to comply with our legal obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Will my personal information be shared with other organisations?
The personal information that you give to us via the Website may be transferred to our third party providers who undertake the following online services on our behalf. These organisations are;
- Share This if you choose to share any content of the Website by clicking the social media buttons such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube; and
- Organisations who host the Website on our behalf.
We may also share your information with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- if we are required to do so by law;
- if Anchor or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we transfer our rights and duties under this Policy;
Any third parties that we share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of it in line with Anchor Hanover’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
All the above organisations will process your personal information inside the EEA.
All about our marketing
Where you have expressed an interest through submitting an enquiry or requesting information, we may wish to contact you for marketing purposes to promote other related Anchor services to you or to ask you to take part in our survey. This could be by post, telephone, email or text message. We will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such marketing materials from us when we collect your information and each time we contact you we will check that you are happy to continue to receive further direct marketing. You can opt-out of receiving marketing material form us at any time by contacting us using the details shown below. We will not pass your personal details on to any other organisation for the purposes of marketing.
How to stop marketing
If you no longer wish us to contact you, please let us know by emailing [email protected] or by using any of the other contact methods in the "How to contact us" section below or the Contact us page of the Website.
All about cookies and how to disable them
Cookies are text files or pixel tags which are placed on your computer when you visit the Website to help us analyse website traffic, usage and behaviour so that we can improve the visitor experience to the Website. The cookie information we collect for these purposes is anonymous and is used;
- To track visitor use of the Website and to compile statistical activity using Google Analytics, a service provided by Google Inc. Google automatically collects a partial IP address which ensures you remain anonymous for the purpose of monitoring website traffic and improving the user experience of the Website. Google undertake not to associate your IP address with any other data held by their organisations.
- To gather non-personal, demographic and behavioural information and if you choose to share any content using the social media buttons on this site.
A cookie does not allow us to access your computer to obtain personal information, other than the data you choose to share with us. We do not read cookies left by other websites. You can disable cookies at any time (see below)
The cookies that the Website may use are
Paid search advertising:
- Google AdWords - holds sitewide performance trends for www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs and ROI
- Google Remarketing - holds business content accessed on www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to serve an advert to a particular person who has visited a certain page on the Anchor network
- Google Display Network - holds sitewide performance trends for www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs and ROI
- Bing Paid Search - holds sitewide performance trends for www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs and ROI
- Facebook - holds content accessed on www.anchorhanover.org.uk. For more information see http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy; used to deliver personalised content through Facebook advertisements
- DoubleClick - holds sitewide performance trends for www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to deliver personalised content through DoubleClick advertisements
Website performance analysis:
- Google Analytics - holds sitewide performance trends for www.anchorhanover.org.uk; used to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs
- HotJar - holds website content engagement and performance tracking; used to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs and reporting data
Social sharing platform:
- Share This - holds referral source data; used to provide reporting data
- Wistia - holds video engagement and performance trends; used to determine video serving optimisation and to determine www.anchorhanover.org.uk KPIs
Email marketing platform:
- Watson Campaign Automation - holds user preferences; used to track the delivery and open rates of our email newsletters and email marketing campaigns
How to disable cookies
You are able to disable cookies used by the Website directly from your device. For further information about cookies and how to do this, please visit the websites: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Gaining your consent to use tracking cookies
We are required to gain your consent before we store and use any cookies which are not intended to be used solely for the operation of the Website. We do this by providing a cookie notice each time you enter the Website and a link to this privacy notice which tells you how to disable cookies if you wish to do so. If you enter the site after reading this notice, and do not disable them, we will regard this as your consent for use of those cookies described in the “The cookies that this website may use” above.
Other websites that can be accessed by the Website
Sharing information through social media
If you choose to share any content of this site, or your personal information by using the social media buttons (Facebook, Twitter or YouTube) you should be aware that any personal information you may choose to share could be accessed by the public. We cannot be held responsible for any damaging actions or behaviours which may result following your use of this or any other related subsequent social media activity.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Your personal information will be retained by us, and those organisations that process your data on our behalf, for as long as is necessary for the required service to be provided to you. Anchor Hanover is required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business and sector requirements and agreed practices. All retained personal information we hold is subject to the controls of our data protection and retention policies. Further details of our retention policy can be obtained by emailing [email protected]
Where will my personal information be kept?
Your personal information will be under the control of Anchor Hanover as detailed in this notice.
However, the security of your data transmitted to and from the website cannot be guaranteed and is entirely at your own risk, as the internet is never completely secure.
How secure are my emails?
As part of complying with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a new way to send emails securely to you that contain personal and sensitive data.
Please be reassured that we’ve always safeguarded your information, this is just an additional way to protect it over email.
We will regularly review our privacy statement to ensure it reflects the personal information that we may request from you, and how we may process it. The date of subsequent revisions of this policy will be recorded at the beginning of this notice.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to object to being subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Can I find out the personal data that the Anchor Hanover holds about me?
Anchor Hanover at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Anchor Hanover does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- The identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU;
- The purpose and legal basis for processing;
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Anchor Hanover or a third party, information about those interests;
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed;
- The recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to;
- How long the data will be stored;
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time;
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data;
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you; and
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
In the event that we need to establish your identity before responding to a request to exercise your rights we may request that you provide us with ID, for example passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please either complete the Data Subject Access Request Form, or contact us by using the details below. No charge will be made for this service.
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. By using the contact methods below, you may request that we correct or remove information you feel is inaccurate.
- Writing to the Data Protection Officer at Anchor Hanover, The Heal's Building, Suites A&B, 3rd Floor, 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ
- Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
- Telephoning our Customer Centre on 0800 731 2020
Please note that if you contact us by telephone, your call maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO about how we have processed your personal data. The ICO can be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or through the website www.ico.org.uk.
How will my personal information be handled if I become an Anchor Hanover customer?
To see how we handle the privacy and personal information of customers, please read our Customer Privacy Notice here.